Every month I share how much I make online and in addition to my regular 8-5 job. It’s a record for myself that there are other ways to make money other than working for someone else. It’s a happy thought.
In January I made a decent amount. To be exact I made $131.60. It’s a little less than the $265.30 I made in January of 2017, but that’s ok. It’s still on the right path. =)
We do more on Wallet Squirrel than track our income though, we write articles about saving money, making money and personal finance hacks that make us better people. Here are some of the highlights in January.
What We Wrote About In January
Andrew Typed Away Frantically
- Andrew started his new Amazon Affiliate Website and shared the beginning struggles starting it.
- He later reflected on how his entire life changed when he started investing 3 years ago and how it was the best decision he ever made.
- In 2017, we committed to giving one lucky person on our email list, exactly $100 to start investing. This is how we decided who got the $100.
- Andrew was stoked to share that his favorite mobile brokerage has started Robinhood Crypto that lets you trade cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. Even though Andrew isn’t a big fan of cryptocurrencies.
Adam Liked Apps
- Adam wrote a review on Betterment. Adam has used Betterment the last 3 years or so since Andrew introduced it to him. Except Adam uses it WAY better than Andrew ever did.
- The long-awaited December Round-Up – Our Favorite Income Reports From Around The Web is always one of Adam’s favorites.
- Adam tried out a review of appKarma. He was curious to see how it advertised “making extra money while playing games on your phone”. Check out the article if you’re a phone gamer.
January Income Report
I kind of shot the gun saying how much we made in January, but it was such a great lead in. Here is the full income report and break down.
The full breakdown with how I made each income stream is pretty awesome.
$50 – Bluehost Affiliate Income
$27.59 – Cashback Credit Card
$14.71 – Robinhood App Affiliate Program
$12.23 – Seeking Alpha Articles
$11.49 – Dividends
$6.47 – Wallet Squirrel AdSense
$3.82 – Lending Club
$3.50 – Interest Checking/Savings Account
$1.79 – Stock Photography
Where Does That Money Go?
We have some minor expenses like our social media software that costs about $30 a month, but the rest of Adam’s portion goes toward paying off debt. However, my portion goes towards investing in my portfolio. Specifically this last month I bought 1 share of Realty Income (O) and Walt Disney (DIS). I’m a big fan of both of these stocks.
What Are We Doing in February?
For me that’s easy. In February I am hoping to finally launch the new affiliate site for our Epic Niche Site Battle. In January I spent the month creating the website from scratch, now I need to create some great content for people.
Adam, however, will focus on Wallet Squirrel in February. He has a laser-like focus on doing everything we can to rock out our Pinterest social media traffic. I’m really excited to see how this works!
Join Hundreds of
Wallet Squirrel Subscribers
Did you like the content? Join our mailing list to receive the latest tricks Andrew and Adam use to make/save/invest money!