June was an amazing month for Andrew and me! First off, we traveled together out to Maine to visit our best friend Tristan. Tristan surprised us with a sailboat trip! What fun that was!
Secondly, we had the best month, income-wise, ever! In June, Wallet Squirrel brought in over $1,200! How amazing is that?!?!
Our monthly income reports are an opportunity to share exactly what it’s like to run Wallet Squirrel. These are a transparent look at what we make, all the struggles/successes, and perhaps most importantly, how we build from an audience of zero to 17,000 this last month.
If you’re curious about our progress, we share these income reports every month.
What We Accomplished in June
- Andrew finished the make-over on our Affiliate Website which makes it more Amazon Affiliate.
- Adam started the execution of a new social media campaign through Instagram (more about this soon).
- We worked with many great partners to continue syndicating amazing new content on Wallet Squirrel.
- We worked on several projects that will help gain wider brand exposure for Wallet Squirrel.
Our June Website Traffic
It is still a little crazy we share our website statistics, but we sincerely hope those reading get an idea of what it’s really like to run a blog. It’s very tough, but incredibly rewarding when we see people appreciating our content.
A majority of our traffic comes organically from Google. Strong SEO tied with the perfect keyword really does work! Here’s what the month’s traffic looked like!
Our June Website Income
Sorry, I already spoiled the good news. I still can’t believe we jumped to over $1,200 in income this month! Our switch to Ezoic for Website Ads continues to prove to be a winner. This move has almost tripled our ad revenue. We tend to take this money, immediately reinvesting in us and Wallet Squirrel.
A big contributor to our high income is our How To Start A Blog page which continues to be one of the best on the internet (in terms of design). These affiliates are great, but we hope that our website ads and additional affiliates will become bigger contributors as we grow!
Plus two awesome high-quality sponsored posts brought in some nice income! That’s the “Additional Income” tab.
Every month we continue to try different ways to make money, and these passive income experiments continue to boost our potential income. Every day these grow and will eventually replace our entire income through blogging. Cool Right!
- Google AdSense – we make money when people see or click (extra money) on website banner ads
- Affiliate Marketing – we earn a commission if someone buys a product through a link on your website
- Blue Host Affiliate – an affiliate link for website hosting we use.
- Online Surveys – we earn money from participating in online surveys like Swagbucks.
- Stock Photography – we earn money whenever one of our photos sells online.
- Interest Checking/Saving Account – we earn interest on the money in our checking and savings accounts.
- Cash Back Credit Card – we earn extra money via 2% cashback from using our credit card.
- Seeking Alpha – we earn recurring ad revenue from SeekingAlpha.com for some articles we wrote years ago.
- Lending Club – we earn interest from peer-to-peer lending.
- Dividends – we earn dividends from the stocks we own.
Monthly Expenses for Wallet Squirrel
While it’s great to talk about the money we make. We also spend money to help our blog grow. Here is how much money we spent in June.
Monthly Expenses – $293
- Bluehost ($36) – hosting service
- Sitelock ($8) – extra security add-on from Bluehost
- Domain Name ($2) – so we can reserve the domain name WalletSquirrel.com.
- Bloom ($7) – our creative email signup forms.
- Grammarly ($12) – A necessity for any writer/blogger
- Noun Project ($4) – Unlimited Icon Downloads. It’s been great for graphics and social media.
- Ezoic Premium ($58) – Ezoic is our advertising network and offers a premium service, but completely worth it.
- Money Mix Insiders ($166) – Great mastermind group for finance & travel bloggers + Ahrefs Membership
In addition to our monthly blogging expenses, I did purchase a few dividend stocks to add to my stock portfolio. I purchased a few shares of Microsoft and Verizon. These purchases will continue to boost my monthly dividend income!
What’s Next For July
We look forward to continuing on pushing to new heights in July. June’s income report and a nice vacation have really rejuvenated our spirit. Adam will continue to build on top of a solid start to the social media campaign. Andrew plans on creating lots of new evergreen content. We also might be participating as guests in our first podcast appearance (the details are still in the works).
Overall, we are very proud of what June provided. We look forward to what July has in store for us.
Wallet Squirrel is a personal finance blog by best friends Andrew & Adam on how money works, building side-hustles, and the benefits of cleverly investing the profits. Featured on MSN Money, AOL Finance, and more!
Join the Awesome
Wallet Squirrel List!
Join our mailing list to get helpful money ideas & encouragement to do cool things!