Why do I publish my Income Reports?
This is a trend I started after seeing many of my blogging friends publish what they made online. If it wasn’t for them publishing where they made their money, I wouldn’t have believed it was possible to make money online.
Now I continue this journey, proving it is possible to make extra money online and find new ways to save your current income. These income reports are all made up of EXTRA money I earned, on top of my 9-5 day job. My goal is to prove that even people with no money saved up, there are TONS OF WAYS to earn extra money to start investing for retirement!
Everything extra I make, I invest in an effort to reach my INSANE goal of building a $10,000,000 portfolio from side income.
I finally discovered Wallet Squirrel’s niche!
I FINALLY discovered my niche. What makes Wallet Squirrel different from EVERY OTHER personal finance website online. There are SO many personal finance blogs out there, that it’s hard to distinguish how one is different from another.
After changing the Homepage “header” tag over 52 times this past month, trying out different niche taglines. I am happy with the new direction Wallet Squirrel will take. Or better yet, I’m happy I can finally put into words what Wallet Squirrel always meant to be. It combines my love for investing with my deep curiously on how people make a living online.
One of the biggest excuses why people haven’t started investing for retirement is “I don’t have any extra money to invest with“. Even those who have saved/budgeted/pinched every penny. Wallet Squirrel aims to DESTROY that reason!
We will prove to people that it’s possible to earn extra money, on top of your day job, to start investing now and how to do it. As social proof…..
Wallet Squirrel’s goal is to build a $10,000,000 portfolio by using only extra money we earn online.
Yea, we set the goal ridiculously high, but reach for the stars, right?
We will freelance write articles, sell stock photography, earn cash back through Ebates, sell digital templates, sell t-shirts, do surveys, sell old items on craigslist and do EVERYTHING we can to test myths of earning money online. With the purpose to invest everything we earn.
What Happened in April
April was another awesome month with Adam killing it, increasing our SEO and finding new ways to gain traffic. Here are some of our highlights!
- April Highlight – AOL Finance Collective asked Wallet Squirrel to contribute to their Finance Network. We’re really excited about this and look forward to reaching more people through their HUGE network. You may notice the AOL Finance Collective tag in the footer of our page. We’re growing in the Personal Finance World
- April’s Most Popular Article – How I made $1.88 Selling Stock Photography in 10 days as a new Shutterstock Contributor. This was SO much fun to write and took a whole month to write. After learning Adam made over $1,000 on one photo of the St. Louis Arch, I had to try it myself. This is my experience. We will try to shoot some more stock photography over the summer to create another passive income stream!
- April’s Most Profitable Post – Ebates Review – I wish I started this 2 years ago. This was also really fun and will be a staple in all my future online shopping. I only made $10 from using a friend’s referral link, but that’s still $10. Plus, if you use my referral link, I’ll make $5 for each sign up and you’ll get $10!
April’s Income Report
I don’t expect my dividends to bring in much of an income in the near future since I paid off my car. However I reached another average $68 dollar month mainly because my 2% Cash Back Credit Card continues to crush it!
It’s hard to imagine that 3 years ago I was paying around $70 on my credit card per month and now that it’s paid off, it continues to make me $15 – $45 per month purchasing things I regularly buy anyway.
What I plan to accomplish in May
With Adam continuing to do awesome work on SEO, I’m further motivated to push Wallet Squirrel to new Google height. So I have some lofty goals for May.
- Update the About Me Page – I’m going to include Adam’s Bio and better explain Wallet Squirrel’s purpose, niche and life goal. I have a big “Start Here” button on my site that leads to this page, I can do better to explain Wallet Squirrel to new visitors.
- Write 2 articles for money – There are multiple sites that pay for articles on a variety of topics. If I plan to get to my goal of $10,000,000 I need to continue to try new ways to earn an extra dollar. I have 2 in mind. =)
I’m legitly curious, what do you think of the new niche/direction. Am I on to something?